Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes might just be Rapunzel's favorite food ever.  Before her corn allergy was discovered, she could devour half a pan of "candied yams" in one sitting if I'd let her.  It's a Thanksgiving staple in this house and I had a heck of a time finding allergy-free marshmallows last year.  But I did.  And they were gross.  And expensive.  Since then, I've tried a few different sweet potato recipes that would be sweet enough to satisfy without marshmallows.  This one is a real winner.  And it's only 2 ingredients.  And she LOVES them.

MAPLE ROASTED SWEET POTATOES

Cut sweet potatoes into chunks and drizzle with 100% pure maple syrup.  Cover with foil.  Bake at 400* about an hour.  I like to slightly mash mine when they're done.  And feel free to drizzle a little extra syrup on top before serving.


 Tonight I served these with sauteed chicken breast and steamed green beans.

Aurora gave this meal 2 thumbs up!

An after dinner ammendment:  Rapunzel declared she didn't like these afterall.  I'm not even sure she took an actual bite and swallowed.  I've made these before and she's inhaled them.  She asked me, "do they have marshmallows on them" and I said, "no, these are the maple sweet potatoes I've made for you before, and you like them!".  But that was met with a grimace.  I think I may have fibbed to her last time and let her believe that the marshmallows were melted in.  Maybe from now on I shall melt one tiny marshmallow into a corner of the dish so that I can tell her, "yes, there is marshmallow melted in". 

No comments:

Post a Comment