Friday, March 1, 2013

Re: Advice

As one can imagine, this whole experience is very overwhelming. There is not a clear path for us to follow. There are tons of maybes, perhaps, and what ifs. We are in constant prayer about what to do or how to handle Rapunzel's care. When I post anything about Rapunzel's condition, I get several messages about things to try, steps to take, or simply words of encouragement. I truly appreciate every single message I get. I am so grateful that others would take time out of their own busy lives to try to help us in some way. I love that there are so many people out there who love my girl and want to help!

Sometimes I reply. A lot of times I don't. But it's not because I didn't read it (I read everything sent to me), or because I didn't want to hear it (I'm grateful for any words!). But it's usually just because I'm too overwhelmed to reply. A lot of the things people suggest, Rapunzel's can't do for one reason or another. A lot of things we've already tried.  A lot of things we do try (some successful, some not). But there is much to Rapunzel's condition, that to try to reply thoughtfully to each message just isn't possible for me right now.

That's one of the reasons I started this blog. So that I can slowly lay out the different layers of our journey. So that others can get a glimpse into our life.  But just know, that if you've ever sent me a message, I appreciate you taking the time to message me. And I am thankful that you care about Rapunzel! And it is not personal if I don't reply. I'm just a little overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment